Year 6 children
Dear Parents, Carers and friends
We look forward to possibly welcoming the year 6 children back on the 1st June. The final decision will be made on the 28th May. We will post an update on the school website.
In sending your child back into school, you agree to the following:
- You will take your child’s temperature before they leave for school. If they have a high temperature, you will keep them at home and inform the school before the allocated start time.
- If your child develops any of the other symptoms, including the recently added loss of taste or smell, you will keep them home and inform the school before the allocated start time.
- If your child is not able to attend for any other reason, you must inform the school before the allocated start time.
|Elm – 8.45am||Yew – 9am||Oak – 9.15am|
- If your child develops symptoms whilst at school, the school will call you (on the emergency contact provided- please ensure that this is up to date) and you will be expected to collect your child within 30 minutes. Your child will be kept in isolation during this time.
- Parents of children who are in the same bubble will be informed that there is a potential suspected case within the bubble. We will follow Public Health guidance on the next steps.
- Elm and Oak children need to be dropped off at the main school gate. Yew class at the car park gate. We ask that all adults and children respect the 2m social distance and that each child is only accompanied by one adult for drop off/ collection and that, where possible, other children do not accompany you. No adults will be allowed to enter the school site. All communication will need to be either by phone or emails.
- The collection will be from the same gate at the designated time and the same rules apply. No cars will be allowed to park in the car park. We ask all parents to respect this for the safety of the children.
- All children will need to have a packed lunch, this includes families who have been in receipt of the weekly hamper, and a water bottle. Both of which must be labelled clearly and cleaned thoroughly before coming back into school.
- Children will need to be dressed in clean clothes each day – they will be outside a lot so appropriate clothing and footwear are needed. This includes sun cream and sun hats.
Please inform us by 5pm on Monday 25th May if you are intending to send your child into school should we open on 1st June. We appreciate that this is a tough decision. No child or parent will be penalised for non-attendance. If we do not hear from you, we will assume that your child is not returning at this point. We will review the provision after two weeks.
Thank you for your support in this,
Tracy and Mike