It is the school policy that pupils come to school each day wearing a school uniform, detailed below. Please support this policy and save the embarrassment of us having to speak to you or your child.
- Navy blue sweatshirt or cardigan with logo, or pullover.
- Shirt/blouse of white, blue or grey
- White or navy polo shirts with school logo.
- Elmhurst T-shirts are either blue on white or white on blue.
- Blue and white check dress.
- Skirts in grey, navy or black.
- Polyester type tailored trousers (for boys and girls) colour black, grey or navy: Jeans, tracksuits or jogging bottoms, corduroy or chino type materials are not acceptable.
- Short trousers can be worn in warmer weather
- Socks in white, grey or navy.
- Black shoes: flat or with a low heel or robust sandals in the summer. Trainers or canvas shoes are not acceptable. At times, we accept that children may be involved in wear tests for Clarks shoes and may need to wear these shoes at school.
Our uniform is supplied by two companies in order to allow for parental choice:
Parents who choose our school do so knowing that there is a school uniform policy. They and their children are expected to support it through their four years with us.
Jewellery is not allowed, with the exception of one stud earring on each ear and a wrist watch. We will ask children to remove any other items that they are wearing. The school accepts no liability for the loss
or damage of such items or indeed of any personal property. Make up or nail varnish should not be
worn to school.
PE and games kit
It is our policy to change clothes for P.E. and games activities. Therefore, all pupils
- A Tshirt/polo shirt in the house colour
- Shorts/track suit bottoms (for cold weather)
- Trainers for outside use/plimsolls for inside wear
It is helpful if these items of kit are kept in a named bag and these must be kept in school each day. It is a sensible idea for children to wear tracksuits or a warm top garment for outdoor games. Tracksuits should be blue or black. It is important for hygiene reasons that clothes and footwear worn to school are not used for sports activities. All children are expecetd to change out of PE kit before leaving school, unless they are going on to an after school activity.
Marking of Clothes: please make sure that all your child’s school clothing, equipment and possessions are clearly marked with your child’s name.