Lunchtime Supervisor Roles
We currently have three vacancies for lunchtime supervisors
2 posts Monday – Friday 12:30pm – 1:30pm
1 post Wednesday and Thursday 12:30pm – 1:30pm
ROLE: Lunchtime supervisor term time only 12:30PM – 1:30 PM
LOCATION: Elmhurst Junior School, Street, Somerset, BA16 0HH.
SALARY: Grade 16 point 2 £18,198 (pro rata)
TO START: Tuesday 2nd November
The Headteacher of Elmhurst Junior School wishes to appoint an enthusiastic and hardworking lunchtime supervisor for our team.We believe that lunchtime is an important, social time for our pupils and we expect our lunchtime supervisors to be of the highest standard, as our pupils deserve nothing but the best. We work as a close and supportive community with everyone putting our children at the heart of everything we do.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic team player, who is committed to promoting a positive ethos and is willing to engage with the children. A friendly and positive attitude is essential.
The candidate will:
- Assist with setting up the hall ready for hot and packed lunches
- Supervise the eating of packed lunches in the classrooms
- Organise the entry of pupils in and out of the hall and to and from the playground.
- Supervise pupils during the service of meals ensuring good behaviour and a calm atmosphere.
- Interact with the children encouraging social skills and good table manners.
- Clean up between sittings.
- Wipe down and move the tables so the hall is tidy at the end of lunch.
- Sweep/mop the hall and support the tidying of classroom
- Engage with pupils during play to ensure they have a safe and enjoyable time
- Upheld and follow our whole school behaviour scheme to ensure that we have consistently high behaviour across the school.
The school adheres to equal opportunities and safer recruitment practice. Pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any post is confirmed and this post is subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Interested candidates are warmly invited to look around our school. Please contact the school office to make an appointment email@example.com and they will also provide prospective candidates with an application form.
Application forms, together with a cover letter detailing, should be returned to the school office for the attention of Miss Fiona Airey, Headteacher, Elmhurst Junior School.
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 13th October
INTERVIEWS: Week Commencing 18th October