If you wish to apply for a place at Elmhurst, please contact Mrs James via the school office (01458 442979) and she will help you through the process.
The School has an admission limit of 83 Year 3 pupils for September 2018. If we receive more requests for places than this limit, we will decide which children will be offered places by using the County Admission Criteria. In the event of oversubscription children are allocated places to school in the following priority up to the published admission number (PAN) set for the school:
Places will be allocated strictly in accordance with the Equal Preference with Ranking allocation method.
The school will be required to admit any child with a Statement of Special Educational Needs (SEN), if the statement names the school, then;
- Looked After Children – Children who are in the care of a Local Authority or have previously been and are now formally adopted.
- Children without a statement of Special Educational Needs, identified with a sensory, physical or medical disability (High Needs Pupils), where a multiagency professional team has identified the school as the nearest suitable school. (See important note 1)
- Children living in the catchment area, with an older sibling at the school at the time of admission, and who live at the same address.
- Children living in the catchment area.
- Children living outside the catchment area, with an older sibling at the school at the time of admission, and who live at the same address.
- Children living outside the catchment area and registered in an Infant, First or Middle school (within the transfer school catchment area).
- Children not satisfying a higher criterion
A full copy of the admissions procedure can be obtained from The Admissions Team, County Hall, Taunton, TA1 4DY or by following this link: Somerset Admissions Policy